Monthly meeting at Baulkham Hills Sports Club covering current events within the NSW Branch of the Australian Electric Vehicle Association, and events relating to electric vehicles in general.
This month is the NSW branch AGM where we'll be voting in the team for the coming year, voting is open for the NSW branch AGM where we'll be voting in the team for the coming year, including the roles of:
- Office bearers:
- Vice Chair
- NSW National Representative (and AEVA Ltd company director).
- Ordinary Committee Member to assist with general management or specific activities.
Nominations have been received for the following positions:
- Chairperson - Michael Day (unopposed)
- Vice Chair - Steven Du, John August (vote below)
- Treasurer - Jennifer Neil-Smith (unopposed)
- Secretary - Jamie Lovick (unopposed)
- NSW National Rep. - Michael Day (unopposesd)
- Ordanary Committee Member(s):
- Jason Mead - Stepping down from the position of Treasurer
- Mark Roberts - Long term member, previous Secretary
- Philip Argy - Active member
John and Steven have provided statements around their skills and interests:
John August's statement:
Having been involved in AEVA for many years, I'm familiar with what AEVA is about - technology, conversion, modication, advocacy and just a place to socialise. I've been involved in numerous activities,and have encouraged and facilitated the contribution of others to AEVA. With that background, I ask for your vote as Vice Chair, which will motivate me to continue to contribute to AEVA NSW as I have done to this point.
More from John here.
Steven Du's statement:
Dr. Steven Du is a passionate EV owner and an active AEVA member, advocating for the accelerated adoption of EVs in modern society for sustainable transportation, improving urban air quality, and reducing the impacts of climate change. With so many socioeconomic benefits, he believes EV should be an affordable option for all. The Vice-Chair role within AEVA NSW will also help Steven accelerate EV adoption among non-English speaking communities and promote diversity within AEVA.
More from Steven here.
Votes for the Vice-Chair postion may be cast here.
Other items discussed will include:
- Chairperson's report
- Treasurer's report
- Secretaries report
- Latest EV News, including:
- Nissan recalls the 2018-2013 Nissan Leaf
- New Lithium Manganise Cathode minimises voltage decay
- Member projects:
- Presentation by David Hiley entitled "Taking Charge in the Energy Transition", covering how to get the best out of an EV, Solar PV, and Storage.
- Upcoming Events:
- Willoughby Council Electric Vehicle Showcase at Chatswood Mall - Saturday 12th of August
- SAE EV Conversion Seminar hosted by AEVA and Electrogusto at Electrogusto - Monday 14th of August
- Science in the Swap for Bite Communications at Centennial Park - Sunday 20th of August
- Randwick Council Eco Living Festival at Randwick Community Centre - Sunday 10th of September
- Lake Macquarie Council Living Smart Festival at Speers Point Park - Saturday 16th of September
- Lane Cove Council Sustainability Lane at The Canopy, Lane Cove - Saturday 8th October
- Next meeing will be back at Baulkham Hills Sports Club - Wednesday the 13th of September
For those who are interested, AEVA NSW Polo shirts will be available to purchase for $35.
The meeting starts at 7:30pm and as usual a few of us will be there from 6pm to have for bite to eat. There will be a table reserved in the bistro whilst the meeting rooms are down stairs.